Dental Crowns & Fixed Bridges in Wharton
Dental crowns and fixed bridges are two of the most frequently used restorative dentistry services at David A. Tripulas, DDS, Inc. Our Wharton, TX dentist and team frequently recommend these restorative treatments as they have been completed successfully for decades in order to restore the full form and function of damaged, decayed, or lost teeth. If you’re interested in finding out more about dental crowns or fixed bridges or scheduling an appointment, contact our friendly dental team today. We’re happy to welcome patients from our local Wharton community, Lane city, and other surrounding communities.
Why Patients Need Dental Crowns & Fixed Bridges
There are a number of situations where we may recommend dental crowns or bridges including:
- Severe decay or damage that effects too much of the tooth for more conservative treatments to be effective
- Cosmetic concerns like color or shape of the tooth that cannot be repaired with less invasive cosmetic procedures
- To protect and strengthen a root canal treated tooth
- To replace a single missing tooth, a dental crown can be attached to a dental implant
- A fixed bridge is used to replace one to three consecutive missing teeth, we may connect dental crowns to a dental prosthetic and attach the crowns to healthy teeth for support
The Dental Crown & Fixed Bridge Process
Dental crowns and bridges are placed in essentially the same way. Patients should plan to visit our office two times. During their initial visit, we carefully prepare the damaged tooth or anchoring teeth in the case of fixed bridges. Then, we capture bite impressions that are sent to our lab where they are used to design custom restorations. Finally, we place a temporary restoration to protect prepared teeth until the final restoration is complete. Once the crown or bridge arrives from the lab, patients return to exchange the temporary for the custom restoration.