Have you gone through this year living with smile regret? If so, your dentist says before the new year arrives, you have an opportunity to correct any of your aesthetic or functional flaws and create the smile of your dreams. Read on to learn about the many different options available, and prepare to be the next amazing transformation in your cosmetic dentist’s smile gallery!
The Secret About Cosmetic Dentistry
What may be a lesser known fact is that the lines between what is considered cosmetic dentistry and essential treatment have become quite blurred. That means that the procedures that are typically considered to be cosmetic can’t just be relegated to a category of mere improvements to your image.
Instead, cosmetic dentistry now provides a way to improve your functionality in a manner that leaves you feeling happier about the way you look as well. With the innovations in dentistry, there are several methods of care now available.
An example of the blurred lines in dentistry is restorative care. Many of the latest forms of treatment provide a way to regain the full function of your teeth while also providing the endorphin boost of having a pleasant-looking smile.
Here are some examples:
- Dentures – If you have missing teeth, then normal habits like eating can become a chore. With a new set of dentures, you can once again eat the foods you love and smile with confidence.
- Crowns and Bridges – Two other options for replacing missing teeth are crowns and bridges. The tooth-colored applications can be used to replace a single tooth or several teeth missing in a consecutive manner.
- Dental Implants – The most dependable form of teeth replacement is the dental implant process, which involves your dentist inserting a titanium post into your underlying bone to form a sturdy and lasting foundation for your teeth and entire facial structure.
Studies show that one of the first traits a person will notice about you is the appearance of your teeth. With teeth whitening, you have a way to make a positive first impression by presenting a gleaming smile.
Here are the two options you have available:
- In-Practice Whitening – Using the KoR deep bleaching system, your cosmetic dentist can lift troublesome stains from your teeth and brighten your smile by as much as 10 shades in just two office visits.
- At-Home Whitening – For patients who desire more convenience, your cosmetic dentist also offers at-home whitening, which is a two-week process. You’ll be provided with a custom-designed whitening tray and the bleaching agent. Using the instructions provided by your cosmetic dentist, you’ll see amazing and noticeable results.
Another form of cosmetic dentistry that also provides functional benefits is the porcelain veneers method. It uses high-grade, thin porcelain shells to mask such smile flaws as gaps, misalignment, crookedness and stains.
In addition to improving the look of your smile, the thin shells also allow you to chew evenly, which encourages better digestion.
To take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy a smile makeover, reach out today to find what cosmetic dentistry can specifically do for you!
About the Author
Dr. David Tripulas is a graduate of the University of Texas Health Science Center Dental Branch. He would later go on to become a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the Academy of General Dentistry and other professional organizations. Dr. Tripulas helps patients enjoy healthier and better-looking smiles at his private practice, and he can be reached for more information through his website.